[Geany] geany saves files as 0 byte when connection is via sftp

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun May 2 06:27:20 UTC 2010

On 2 May 2010 03:20, thief shadow <mythief at yahoo.com> wrote:

> is it possible because of openssl 1.0 or nautilus ... gedit is ok but i
> cant use geany to edit files over sftp.
>
> Linux archlinux 2.6.33-ARC
> OpenSSL 1.0.0 29 Mar 2010
>
> I have same distro on my desktop pc with openssl 0.9.8 and everything is
> ok.
>
> Thanks..

There are problems with some ftp based file systems in the glib libraries.
The "fix" used by gedit and other programs uses gio which is not available
until a much newer version of glib than that required by Geany.  This has
been discussed a lot but I'm not sure that anyone is working on making the
fix available for those systems where a new enough glib/gio is available.