[Geany] Custom filetypes

spir denis.spir at xxxxx
Sun Jun 20 12:50:17 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have installed geany 0.19 (*) mainly to use the new Custom filetypes feature; but cannot have it work. Below what I did for an Oberon filetype:

* In filetype_extensions.conf: added "Oberon=*.ob;".

* Created a filetype.oberon file with settings adapted from filetype.pascal and the additional followong lines in the [settings] section:
	tag_parser="pascal"
	lexer_filetype="pascal"
(also tried without quotes)

* Created Oberon-specific data in menu Build/Set Build Commands.

Compilation works, which proves the filetype is taken into account; but syntax highlighting does not at all (all test remains in default style). Help/pointer welcome.

Also, I don't understand the respective roles of these 2 settings. Explanation/pointer welcome. I think there may be a short and clear running example for this new feature.

(*) On debian/ubuntu, one needs to first install intltool instead of preinstalled intltool-debian.