[Geany] Compiling from source on Cygwin platform

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jan 10 13:52:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:34:28 -0500, Thomas wrote:

Hi,

>After I sent my post about this yesterday,
>I noticed something about the error message:
>
>undefined reference to `___gxx_personality_sj0'
>
>I noticed that `___gxx_personality_sj0' begins
>with THREE underscores. I haven't looked at
>the code at all, and don't know anything about
>it. But if the THREE underscores were a typo
>for TWO underscores, it might explain why
>the reference is undefined. Can anyone say
>whether the code contains references that
>begin with THREE underscores?

I don't think this is a typo. It's rather a private symbol inside gcc
(or one of its libraries).

And this is the point: this symbol is never used in Geany nor in
Scintilla. I assume you are missing a gcc/g++ library or anything else
is wrong with your compiler installation within Cygwin.
Mostly unrelated to Geany, I'm afraid. But I didn't play with Cygwin
for a few years, so I can't say that much.

The question which raises to me:
why are you doing that at all? That is, why do you want to compile
Geany in Cygwin? I think the native Windows port is faster and at least
easier to use.