[Geany] [SOLVED] Problem with quotes in Windows

Edwood Ocasio edwood.ocasio at xxxxx
Tue Feb 23 15:00:06 UTC 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:05:27 +0100
> From: Enrico Tr?ger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>
> Subject: Re: [Geany] Problem with quotes in Windows
> To: geany at uvena.de

> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:57:51 -0400, Edwood wrote:

> Hi,

>Already searched  without success for solutions to this problem.
>
>In Windows XP SP3, using Geany 0.18 or 0.18.1 the default characters
>for quotes are ( ? ) and ( ? ).  In Linux the characters appear as
>expected: ( " ) and ( ' ).  I am using "United States-International"
>keyboard layout in both Windows and Linux.
>
>Under Windows the quotes appear correctly in Notepad and Notepad++.  I
>have also tried changing the encoding of the document to UTF-8 and
>ISO-8859-1 but there is no change in behavior.

>> This is a known problem though it's not strictly a Geany bug. See
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2818608&group_id=153444&atid=787791
>> for details.

>> Regards,
>> Enrico

Solved by switching out from "United States-International" when using
Geany as suggested in forum thread you sent me.

Could not reply to individual email, since I was receiving abridged
messages. That is why I sent this reply in a new message.

Thanks.

--
Cordialmente,

Edwood Ocasio Vicente