[Geany] Build settings for GLPK various filetypes extension (e.g. mod, lp, mps, glp, fps)

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Feb 22 12:27:52 UTC 2010

On 22 February 2010 22:46, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is the buid setting for cpp
>
> [build_settings]
> # %f will be replaced by the complete filename
> # %e will be replaced by the filename without extension
> # (use only one of it at one time)
> compiler=g++ -Wall -c "%f"
> linker=g++ -Wall -o "%e" "%f"
> run_cmd="./%e"
>
> How are I going to setup up GLPK various filetypes extension (e.g.
> mod, lp, mps, glp, fps)?
>
> This what I have done in TextAdept.
>  mod = '/usr/local/bin/glpsol --math %(filename)',
>  mps = '/usr/local/bin/glpsol --mps %(filename)',
>  fms = '/usr/local/bin/glpsol --freemps %(filename)',
>  lp =  '/usr/local/bin/glpsol --lp %(filename)',
>  glp = '/usr/local/bin/glpsol --dlp %(filename)',
>
> The above is working perfectly in TextAdept.
>
> Note:  GLPK has not got any documentation online and I am not going to
install it just to read the manual, please encourage the project maintainers
to put their documentation online (a standard request for all projects which
do not put documentation online).

This means that I know nothing about GLPK and so will probably ask some
silly questions.

Are you saying that there are different extensions, containing the same
syntax? but each requires a different compile command?  or are these a
sequence of commands run one after the other to build an output?

I don't know anything about TextAdept but the Geany model of a "language"
is:

1.a set of extensions defined for files containing the language

2. a syntax used for source highlighting and

3.  a set of commands for those files

That means that there is only one command allowed for compile  per language
(and one for link and one for make ...)

I can see three options: (somebody else may be able to suggest others):

1. If GLPK acts as outlined above then I suggest that you use" make" as the
compile command with a special makefile that chooses the correct command
based on the extension.

2. Otherwise GLPK has to be considered several languages under the Geany
model, each extension is its own language although they can share syntax
highlihghting.

3. Otherwise using the development version you can extend the number of
filetype commands and so define all your commands but you would have to
choose the correst one to run :-(

Option 1 sounds the best based on what I can guess from your description and
in the absence of any GLPK documentation.