[Geany] Several keyword styles per filetype

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Mon Feb 8 21:22:41 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 08.02.2010, 18:10 +0100 schrieb Wolfram Kläger:
> Can someone please explain, how to style more than one "primary" list of
> keywords per filetype?
>
> e.g. my filetypes.common is

> [named_styles]
> #word=0xff0000
> #word2=0x00ff00
> #word3=0x0000ff
>

> and filetypes.mytype is

> [styling]
> word=0x00ffff
> word2=0xff00ff
> # word3=0xffff00
> [keywords]
> primary=one two three
> secondary=four five six
> # ???=seven eight nine
>
> Result is, everything is fine with my "primary" hilites. But I don't get
> any "secondary".
>
> What if I want to have five or six differently styled keyword lists per
> filetype?
>
> Wolfram

Hi Wolfram,
I assume you are using Geany 0.18 at this present? - I'm afraid what you
want to do is not possible yet, because Geany versions until 0.18 just
know about word1 and word2 as far as I know.
The method Geany works with those configuration files is getting some
work at the present and it will be easier to set styles then. I'm not
sure if it will be possible to customize the keywords then as you wish,
but maybe the developers think it is a good idea to implement this.

In any case: Stay tuned for Geany 0.19!

Best Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D