[Geany] One more... Reload all.

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at xxxxx
Thu Feb 4 11:10:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:00:15 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thats certainly possible, but to be useful the dialog has to be
> non-modal so the user can do something about it.  That is a lot more
> work than just adding a button to the current dialog and using a
> non-modal message only dialog with the list of files. The standard GTK
> message dialog can arrange for itself to close IIRC.  Making files
> disappear off the list is for the wish list.

OK. Do I understand right? A non-modal dialog with an additional "reload
all" button is possible? If so, the list of files which has to be
reloaded could be added to the message text?

> > What about adding a checkbox to each entry to give the user the
> > possibility to unselect some of the files.
>
> And this means a custom dialog and handling, still if someone wrote
> it ...:-)

Is it possible to add a scripting hook to Geany? If the hook is
registered, the internal dialog isn't used. Instead of it, the script is
called.

Is there an API for the script to detect a change?

> Personally I don't like this sort of solution, it tends to clutter up
> working directories, Yes I know rm *-RELOAD would delete them, but you
> have to run it in each directory.

You are right. It is more a work-a-round. By the may... make clean could
do this job too. ;-)

Regards
--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>