[Geany] One more... Reload all.

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Feb 4 09:00:15 UTC 2010

On 4 February 2010 17:26, Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:21:52 +1100
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  If there is more than one such file I am likely to forget which ones
>> I have to save under a different name until I check any conflicts.
>
> That was my thought too.
>
> What about adding the list of files affected to the dialog?

Thats certainly possible, but to be useful the dialog has to be
non-modal so the user can do something about it.  That is a lot more
work than just adding a button to the current dialog and using a
non-modal message only dialog with the list of files. The standard GTK
message dialog can arrange for itself to close IIRC.  Making files
disappear off the list is for the wish list.

And this means a custom dialog and handling, still if someone wrote it ...:-)

> And what about a common checkbox to enable a "save action" where all files which have to be reloaded are saved with a postfix like "-RELOADED"? Here I'm not sure if this is necessary.

As above.

>> Maybe a list in a modeless dialog box so it can hang around, and the
>> ultimate would be for Geany to change the list in the dialog as the
>> conflict between unsaved and modified files goes away. ;-)
>
> The "add a postfix" action could supersede this!

Personally I don't like this sort of solution, it tends to clutter up
working directories, Yes I know rm *-RELOAD would delete them, but you
have to run it in each directory.