[Geany] Managing projects

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Nov 30 21:49:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:32:09 +0100, Egbert wrote:

>On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 20:57 +0100, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>> Can you please be so kind and give a case here for? So just an
>> example we might understand what you are going to do as at least I'm
>> not sure what s there question here ;)
>
>One of my projects is about experiments with the Levenshtein (!)
>algorithm. I had called it 'Leven'. Because Leven means Life in dutch,
>after a week I didn't see immediately what the project was about. So I
>wanted to rename it.
>And for the purpose of this answer I created a new project Testing.
>But now I can't get rid of it, unless I delete the two elevant files in
>the projects directory, and edit the geany.conf file.

There is no such functionality in Geany.
I think there is not much need for. You just need to rename the project
folder and the project file, then re-open the project in Geany, edit
the project name in the Project Properties dialog if necessary and you
are done. Well, if you want to keep the project's session, you should
maybe open the project file in Geany and search&replace the paths of
the filenames but well, this shouldn't be too hard.