[Geany] V0.16 on Windows: Position & Size changed after closing and re-opening

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Mar 25 20:04:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:58:07 +0100, Andreas wrote:

>On 24.03.2009 19:43, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>
>[snip]
>> In other words, when Geany is quit, it overwrites the config
>> files with the settings of this instance regardless of the previous
>> contents of the config file.
>
>That's actually what I expected/
>>
>> While this might seem to be stupid, Geany is simply not designed to
>> run more than one instance at once and I don't feel like changing
>> this. Anyway, as some kind of workaround, "nested" multiple instances
>> should work. Where "nested" mean:
>> Start Geany (it's your main instance), then start another one, then
>> start a third one. Then close first the last started instance, then
>> the second instance and finally the first one. This way, it should
>> work to some extend.
>
>I do. I always close my main or first instance, which I move to a
>certain position, after all other instances. But I have the problems
>anyway...

Strange.
When starting/closing/re-starting only one instance, Geany saves and
restores the window size correctly? If so, everything is fine, more is
not meant to be supported :).

More seriously, detailed instructions to reproduce would help. I'm not
able to get the first instance wrongly positioned or sized when closing
it always at last.
This does not mean there isn't maybe a bug, just that I don't know how
to reproduce it :).