[Geany] UI rebuild in xfwm, project status in sessions, tag file append, compile error possitioning

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jul 5 16:39:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 18:18:26 +0200, Bo wrote:

>Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> No idea, sorry. First, I can't reproduce this assuming we are talking
>> about switching from a workspace A to workspace B where Geany is
>> running on B.
>>
>Yes, this is what I mean.
>> And I'm not sure whether this is Geany's fault. At least Geany
>> shouldn't do anything special when it gets the focus.
>> Or maybe, it's related to the delayed colouring.
>>
>Sounds interesting, is this the editor widget that "recolour" the open
>files ? In that case it could be the reason.

Only partly. If this is the reason, then your argument that it is
slower the more files you have open doesn't make sense because this
delayed colouring affects only the current document.

>> BUT when the desktop session is shutdown, we don't receive any signal
>> nor any other indication that we should quit ourselves cleanly.
>> AFAIK the only way to get notice of a desktop session shutdown is to
>> use libSM as I said earlier. I'd be happy if anyone proves me wrong
>> and points out an easier way to handle this. Otherwise I might have
>> a look at this issue and how much work it would be to make use of
>> libSM.
>Hmm, ok ... I had hoped the session manager were a little more polite,
>like sending a nice kill other than 9 :-)

Maybe but if then it is something different from SIGTERM and SIGINT,
these are *not* sent.

>> Not sure what you mean here. I don't like something like 'regularly
>> saving the config' as it Pidgin does. This is weird, to me.
>> Why should we save our state on 'save all', this seems totally
>> unrelated.
>>
>Just trying to find a way to enforce a config persisting action, in
>Geany.

As long as you quit Geany so that Geany knows that it should quit, the
config is persistent. The key is to make Geany knowing that it should
quit :).

>> Ah ok. Just to get sure, you don't have "~/..." literally in the
>> project properties as base path? I doubt the tilde is properly
>> substituted in all parts of the code.
>>
>ok, I have been looking at the error code again, and it seems that
>automake, compiles a file in it's local dir. So it provide the
>following information :
>
>Entering directory `/home/bl/svn/XFC/examples/ui/printing'
>
>then (the error) :

>printing.cc:19: error: stray ‘#’ in program
>printing.cc:21: error: variable or field ‘on_draw_page’ declared void
>printing.cc:21: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘%’ token
>printing.cc:50: error: no ‘void
>PagePrinting::on_draw_page(Xfc::Gtk::PrintContext&, int)’ member
>function declared in class ‘PagePrinting’
>
>and then :
>
>Leaving directory `/home/bl/svn/XFC/examples/ui/printing'
>
>The other project I have been working on uses cmake, which provide the
>full path, and geany can parse that in one go.
>
>Either this dir info need to be parsed by Geany, or automake need to

The dir change info is parsed, i.e. Geany scans for "Entering directory
`..." messages and adjust the path when parsing error messages. So it
*should* work. And since it doesn't do for you, it's probably a bug.
If you are bored enough, have a look at src/build.c
in build_parse_make_dir().

>> Do you use Geany 0.17?
>Not anymore, using head ... :-)

Even better :).