[Geany] UI rebuild in xfwm, project status in sessions, tag file append, compile error possitioning

Bo Lorentsen bl at xxxxx
Sun Jul 5 16:18:26 UTC 2009

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> No idea, sorry. First, I can't reproduce this assuming we are talking
> about switching from a workspace A to workspace B where Geany is
> running on B.

Yes, this is what I mean.
> And I'm not sure whether this is Geany's fault. At least Geany
> shouldn't do anything special when it gets the focus.
> Or maybe, it's related to the delayed colouring.

Sounds interesting, is this the editor widget that "recolour" the open
files ? In that case it could be the reason.
> BUT when the desktop session is shutdown, we don't receive any signal
> nor any other indication that we should quit ourselves cleanly.
> AFAIK the only way to get notice of a desktop session shutdown is to
> use libSM as I said earlier. I'd be happy if anyone proves me wrong and
> points out an easier way to handle this. Otherwise I might have a look
> at this issue and how much work it would be to make use of libSM.

Hmm, ok ... I had hoped the session manager were a little more polite,
like sending a nice kill other than 9 :-)
> Not sure what you mean here. I don't like something like 'regularly
> saving the config' as it Pidgin does. This is weird, to me.
> Why should we save our state on 'save all', this seems totally
> unrelated.

Just trying to find a way to enforce a config persisting action, in Geany.
> Only partly. The plugin basically only needs to say Geany that it
> should quit. This is indeed not completely trivial because simply
> running the main quit function wouldn't work as this function would
> unload the plugin which called the function...but this can be fixed.

Sounds simple, yes :-)
> Nope. But you can concatenate multiple tags files into one or just
> multiple tags files on their own.

Ok, maybe I just need a "tag file merger/linker" then :-)
> Ah ok. Just to get sure, you don't have "~/..." literally in the
> project properties as base path? I doubt the tilde is properly
> substituted in all parts of the code.

ok, I have been looking at the error code again, and it seems that
automake, compiles a file in it's local dir. So it provide the following
information :

Entering directory `/home/bl/svn/XFC/examples/ui/printing'

then (the error) :

printing.cc:19: error: stray ‘#’ in program
printing.cc:21: error: variable or field ‘on_draw_page’ declared void
printing.cc:21: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘%’ token
printing.cc:50: error: no ‘void
PagePrinting::on_draw_page(Xfc::Gtk::PrintContext&, int)’ member
function declared in class ‘PagePrinting’

and then :

Leaving directory `/home/bl/svn/XFC/examples/ui/printing'

The other project I have been working on uses cmake, which provide the
full path, and geany can parse that in one go.

Either this dir info need to be parsed by Geany, or automake need to be
instructed to provide full path ?
> Do you use Geany 0.17?
Not anymore, using head ... :-)

/BL