[Geany] GTK+ Development on windows with geany and MinGW

joshua.rh at comcast.net joshua.rh at xxxxx
Fri Jul 3 17:38:29 UTC 2009

Hello,
I've been using ubuntu for some time now but decided to dual boot with windows so I could game with a friend. I went and got all the best programs that I was used to using, that included geany. The problem I am having is getting the libraries and compiler flags included in the compile command. I've added C:\MinGW\bin to my path variable, so if I go into a command prompt (cmd.exe) and type in gcc it prompts for input files. I've learned that cmd dosen't like backquotes ( ` ) so I can no longer put `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` in the includes and arguments dialog and expect it to work. I've got MSYS, but would rather just use a command prompt. I took the output of "pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0" and "pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0" and put them in two new system environment variables, named GTK_CFLAGS and GTK_LIBS, respectively. if I go into the command prompt myself and type "gcc -Wall -g sourcefile.c -o exename.exe %GTK_CFLAGS% %GTK_LIBS%" it works like a charm. However, if I put this: "gcc "%f" -o "%e" %GTK_CLFAGS% %GTK_LIBS%" in for the build part of "Set includes and arguments" it says: gcc.exe: %GTK_CLFAGS%: No such file or directory and gcc.exe: %GTK_LIBS%: No such file or directory. Does anyone know what I could do to fix this problem? Thanks for reading,

Josh