[Geany] "Replace All" button order

Daniel Richard G. skunk at xxxxx
Tue Jan 27 17:47:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009 Jan 26 19:45:24 +0100, Enrico Tröger wrote:

> >>-4-This button and "in selection" should be invalid (greyed) whenever
> >>there is no 'scope' (module toplevel, meaning "in scope" = "in doc")
> >>or there is no selection.
> >
> >Yes, this is a good idea (at least for selection).
>
> No, it's not.
> As the whole dialog is non-modal by design, making it possible to
> change text, change the selection, change documents while the dialog is
> open, it doesn't make sense to disable the Selection button even if
> there is no selection.

Well, you'd dynamically update the status of the Selection button to
reflect the existence/absence of a selection to operate on. The whole idea
is, the button is greyed out at the times that its associated action is not
sensible.

> It didn't hurt people in the past few years, so it probably also won't
> in the future :).

Just wait till someone comes on here and posts "I pressed the 'In
Selection' button when there wasn't a selection... and my computer
ESPLODED!!!" ^_^

--Daniel

--
NAME   = Daniel Richard G.       ##  Remember, skunks       _\|/_  meef?
EMAIL1 = skunk at iskunk.org        ##  don't smell bad---    (/o|o\) /