[Geany] Searching on archives problem

Javier Vilarroig javier.vilarroig at xxxxx
Wed Feb 25 17:55:44 UTC 2009

El mié, 25-02-2009 a las 18:25 +0100, Enrico Tröger escribió:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:05:22 +0000, Javier Vilarroig
> <javier.vilarroig at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey,
>

> >	It will sound easy, but... Thanks for Geany!!! I love it!!
> >	Light,
> >simple but totally funtional.
>
> Thanks, glad to hear you like it.
You're welcome :) But it's real. I used to work with Visual Studio and
Eclipse. And they where like "killing flies with a cannon" (old spanish
saying)

> >	I use a lot the "Search in Files" (I'm on a spanish interface
> >	so the
> >translation can be different). But as I work on a SVN checkout  I got a
> >lot of false positives on files inside .svn directories.
> >
> >	I think the best way to get rid of them is to filter grep
> >	output on
> >another grep and remove lines containing ".svn/".
> >
> >	Is posible to change that on the configuration or is it
> >	hardcoded? I
> >have taked a look but didn't found anything.
>
> It is actually described in the manual, see
> http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#filtering-out-version-control-files
>
> The trick is to use the 'Extra options' and tell grep to not care about
> directories like .svn. As also said in the manual, you need a somewhat
> recent grep version (2.5.2) for the --exclude-dir option.
>
> Either use what's mentioned in the manual:
> --execlude-dir=.*
> or use something more explicit (this is my default options string):
>
> --exclude-dir=.svn --exclude-dir=.git --exclude-dir=CVS
It works really nice and saves it betwewwn sessions !!

That demonstrates that I didn't work enough on the manual. :(

Thank you very much.

--
Javier Vilarroig Christensen
X Infor