[Geany] Searching on archives problem

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Feb 25 17:25:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:05:22 +0000, Javier Vilarroig
<javier.vilarroig at gmail.com> wrote:

Hey,

>	It will sound easy, but... Thanks for Geany!!! I love it!!
>	Light,
>simple but totally funtional.

Thanks, glad to hear you like it.

>	I use a lot the "Search in Files" (I'm on a spanish interface
>	so the
>translation can be different). But as I work on a SVN checkout  I got a
>lot of false positives on files inside .svn directories.
>
>	I think the best way to get rid of them is to filter grep
>	output on
>another grep and remove lines containing ".svn/".
>
>	Is posible to change that on the configuration or is it
>	hardcoded? I
>have taked a look but didn't found anything.

It is actually described in the manual, see
http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#filtering-out-version-control-files

The trick is to use the 'Extra options' and tell grep to not care about
directories like .svn. As also said in the manual, you need a somewhat
recent grep version (2.5.2) for the --exclude-dir option.

Either use what's mentioned in the manual:
--execlude-dir=.*
or use something more explicit (this is my default options string):

--exclude-dir=.svn --exclude-dir=.git --exclude-dir=CVS

>PS. Please excuse my English. It's not my native tonge.

No need to excuse, most of us aren't native English speakers :).