[Geany] Location of plugins

LUK ShunTim shuntim.luk at xxxxx
Mon Feb 23 04:08:55 UTC 2009

Enrico Tröger wrote:
>>> Just for my interest, what do you want to do?
>> Say geany is installed via some distribution package mechanism, apt,
>> rpm, whatever and the system admin can make locally compiled plugins
>> available for all users in a "local" place, maybe under
>> /usr/local/lib/geany.
>
> We surely can add support for reading other directories as well. The
> question is probably just how to realise it best. I think of an
> environment variable like GEAY_PLUGIN_PATH or a command line switch.
> Or even a hidden preference, which is maybe the most easy one to use.

Thanks, hope that it's not too much work. I don't mind either, as long
as it's documented.

Maybe it'd most convenient if there's a button under in the Tools |
Plugin Manager pop-up window that a user can click to set them up,
similar to, for example, what firefox does when you do a "save-as". The
values can be stored in ~/.config/geany/geany.conf and the user can
enter them directly or edit them, with geany of course, :-) if he/she
would like to.

Thanks again,
ST