[Geany] Feature request: combo box with classes/methods

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Feb 19 17:05:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:52:15 +0100, Filip Gruszczyński
<gruszczy at gmail.com> wrote:

>I think there is a slight confusion. I am not talking about
>completion, but about jumping to the right place in file. This is why
>basically only classes and methods/functions would be necessary. Right
>now I have to use hierarchy tree on the left, but I have small screen
>and I always hide this tree. Toolbar is small and useful for jumping.
>This is how this combo is used in 2005. I am not talking about
>completions. Completions are cool and I use them a lot, but that's
>completely different thing. When I have large source file, I would
>like to be able to jump to the part I want to change quickly and not
>search for it in code or in tree.

Ok, I see. Thanks for clarifying this, now it's completely clear.

I think it should be possible with not too much efforts to get such a
combo list to the toolbar (or wherever) but I'm not sure about
filtering.