[Geany] Feature request: combo box with classes/methods

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Feb 18 15:47:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:26:07 +0100, Filip Gruszczyński
<gruszczy at gmail.com> wrote:

>I would like to propose a feature, which would greatly help me in
>coding. It's, well, borrowed ;-) from Visual Studio. In VS there is a
>combo box with all classes and methods, providing items like this:
>
>BaseClass
>BaseClass::BaseClass
>BaseClass:method1
>BaseClass::method2
>DerivedClass
>DerivedClass::DerivedClass
>DerivedClass:method1
>
>and so on. It's a great help, because it doesn't take much place
>(contrary to the whole class tree, which geany provides) and allows
>very quick access to any method. Is there any chance to make class
>tree exchangable with such a combo?

Do you mean something like in the attached screenshot?
This is from Geany 0.3 where we had a combo box in the toolbar
containing all the symbols which are also in the symbol list sidebar
are shown.
I don't remember the details but it caused to many troubles in the
toolbar so we or I removed it.
But since the whole corresponding has changed a lot since this time
(this was more than 3 years ago, IIRC), maybe it's worth to give it
another try. Maybe not in the toolbar but instead somewhere else.
Ideas?