[Geany] Can't launch newly created geany package on my Mac

Jason Oster parasytic at xxxxx
Mon Feb 2 20:24:40 UTC 2009

The first thing I would try is updating X11:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki (The most recent version
requires OS X 10.5.6, but older version are still available)

The next thing to try (which is how I first got Geany setup on Mac OS X)
is building Geany as a "native" app using GTK+OSX:
http://www.gtk-osx.org/ (this project does not require nor use X11)

I was building GTK+ from Git and Geany from SVN over a good period of
time, a while back. It was not entirely user-friendly getting to that
point (using jhbuild to get and build GTK+, for example ... that
required some extra hacking) And I haven't tried the GTK+ framework, but
if that works, it should be much easier to use.

Hopefully this provides a good starting point, at the least!