[Geany] RHEL devel - Re: Enabling save after no changes

Greg Smith gsmith at xxxxx
Mon Feb 2 15:39:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Nick Treleaven wrote:

> Personally I consider it a bug if gtk2-devel doesn't bring in all it's
> required dependencies, it does on Fedora.

There is something odd going on here I'll dig into.

rpm -q --requires gtk2-devel

Shows cairo-devel and pango-devel as requirements, and cairo-devel
requires freetype-devel and libXrender-devel.  That suggests most of the
stuff I had to instally manually should have been pulled in just with "yum
install gtk2-devel"; not sure why that didn't happen.  If I can replicate
it on another system I'll get some more information (I was focused just on
getting Geany to work that day), otherwise I'll pass along a more slimmed
down set of suggested packages.

--
* Greg Smith gsmith at gregsmith.com http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD