[Geany] Ubuntu package of geanylua?

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at xxxxx
Mon Aug 31 09:26:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:21:03 +0800
Chow Loong Jin <hyperair at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 31,August,2009 02:24 PM, Joerg Desch wrote:
> There has to be some stray file somewhere that does not belong to the
> package, IMHO.

$ strace geany 2>&1 | grep open | grep geanylua
open("/usr/lib/geany/geanylua.so", O_RDONLY) = 7
open("/home/jd/.config/geany/plugins/geanylua/libgeanylua.so", O_RDONLY) = 7

GREAT! You are right.

I have a unison sync script which keeps my desktops and my laptop in sync! And here was the problem. I have an old geany configuration (~/.geany) which was moved into .config/geany and than synced to my desktops. After removing this old plugin, all installations are up and running.

Thank you for the help!

By the way... May be it would be a good idea if geany warns while migrating the .geany directory it contains shared libs!

Bye
--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>