[Geany] Ubuntu package of geanylua?

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at xxxxx
Mon Aug 31 08:21:03 UTC 2009

On Monday 31,August,2009 02:24 PM, Joerg Desch wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 03:10:10 +0800
> Chow Loong Jin <hyperair at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm the package maintainer for the geany-plugins in Ubuntu and Debian.
>> Could you provide the output of `apt-cache policy geany-plugin-lua`
>> please?
>
> $ apt-cache policy geany-plugin-lua
> geany-plugin-lua:
>   Installiert: 0.17.1-1~hyper2~jaunty
>   Kandidat: 0.17.1-1~hyper2~jaunty
>   Versions-Tabelle:
>  *** 0.17.1-1~hyper2~jaunty 0
>         500 http://ppa.launchpad.net jaunty/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> By the way, the intrepid releases have the same problem!
There has to be some stray file somewhere that does not belong to the package,
IMHO. Considering the Karmic package is okay, and come from the same sources as
the Intrepid and Jaunty packages, it's very unlikely that there's a problem with
the packaging. Could you try running `strace geany 2>&1 | grep open | grep
geanylua` in a terminal, and paste the output here? That should probably reveal
a stray mismatched libgeanylua helper library, if I am not mistaken.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin