[Geany] Visible whitespace

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Aug 18 06:37:43 UTC 2009

Hi Lee,

2009/8/18 Lee Gold <leegold at operamail.com>:

> I tried changing colors in files.common. Changing just color does not solve the problem because the symbols are very tiny pin pricks. Changing them to black or red does not help. Changing background color from white totally disrupts the "look".

Unfortunately AFAICT the visible whitespace display is hard coded in
Scintilla, the editing component used by Geany
(http://www.scintilla.org).  Geany can only turn it on/off.
The best that can be done is to fiddle with the settings to minimise
the disruption whilst maximising visibility.
Making a light grey background 0xf0f0f0 and black foreground 0x000000
worked best for me but your mileage may differ. :-)