[Geany] Visible whitespace

Lee Gold leegold at xxxxx
Tue Aug 18 03:43:56 UTC 2009

I tried changing colors in files.common. Changing just color does not solve the problem because the symbols are very tiny pin pricks. Changing them to black or red does not help. Changing background color from white totally disrupts the "look".

If there's a way to change the symbols themselves - that's what I need. Is there? If so I missed this and please direct me.

I've tried many Linux and windows editors editors none is perfect. Geany and Textpad share this one problem - visible whitespace chars can hardly be seen on my screens. Again, it's content, I need to see it clearly.

>>> They are hard to see on some themes, you may need to try some
>>> variations.
>>
>> On a hi-res laptop LCD screen they are almost invisible. I don't want

This has probably nothing to do with the screen resolution but more
>with the contrast of the LCD. Anyway, I know the problem, my old LCD
>failed to display the default background colour of the current line.
>But it's nothing critical as you can easily change it.
>

>> a dark theme, I just want to be able to see the "visible" whitespace
>> chars. Can I config this? A lot of other editors have the same

The manual knows the answer:
>http://geany.org/manual/#special-file-filetypes-common

Find the setting "white_space".