[Geany] geany on ubuntu 9.04

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Apr 25 09:49:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:02:10 -0400 (EDT), Greg wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Mars wrote:
>
>> No matter where you get Geany from, the following command should
>> pull in what you need to compile the Geany package from source:
>>
>> $ sudo apt-get build-dep geany
>
>Just tried this on a Ubuntu 9.04 install, trying to build from svn,
>and the one package it's missing is libtool.  Somebody might want to
>add that one to the build-dep list.

Not really.
The libtool package is only necessary when building from svn. The
'apt-get build-dep' command is usually used with release tarballs where
libtool is not required.
So, you trapped only into some special case :).

To verify, I just downloaded the new and still hot latest Ubuntu
release, started the live cd, ran 'apt-get build-dep geany' and then
built the Geany 0.16 release tarball and it succeeded. Everything
necessary was installed.

In case I'm wrong with anything, Debian/Ubuntu experts might correct
me, I'm none of both :).