[Geany] GeanyDebug

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Sep 30 21:15:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:13:56 +0200, "Mikael Nordin"
<mickewiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello friends! This is my first post to this list, so hello to
> everyone :-)

Welcome!

> I searched through the archives prior to posting (and Googled like
> crazy ;-), but if this particular problem has been discussed
> previously, and I missed it, I am sorry.
>
> I am trying to get the GeanyDebug plugin to work on my Ubuntu Hardy
> box with Geany 0.14. My problem is that when I try to set a
> breakpoint, either specifying a function name or source file line
> number I get the error message:
>
> "No source file named /path/to/my/source/file.cpp"

Hmm, it works fine here.
The simplest way is probably to open the appropriate source file in
Geany, place the cursor at the function or the source code line where
you want to add a break point, and then click on the 'Breaks' button of
the debug plugin. The first time, this opens a dialog to directly add a
new breakpoint where the filename and the correct position is already
filled. You just need to click OK.
When adding additional breakpoints, you simply place the cursor again
on the appropriate source code line, click on 'Breaks' and then in the
opened dialog you click on 'Add' and then you can add it.

HTH,