[Geany] R support (was Re: Adding Syntax Highlighting for New FIletype Problem)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Sep 29 18:20:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:46:12 -0400, Andrew Rowland
<weibullguy at charter.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 12:07 +0100, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> > On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:21:13 -0400
> > Andrew Rowland <weibullguy at charter.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I used the scintilla176.tgz archive.
> > >
> > > When I was trying to get things working, I did rearrange the
> > > define values for R files for some reason I no longer recall.
> > > I've updated the patch using the original order of R defines,
> > > tested that it applies to version 0.14, rebuilt Geany and
> > > verified syntax highlighting works. Same URL as the original
> > > patch.
> >
> > Thanks for the info. But the URL is the same patch as before -
> > although presumably I can just remove the SciLexer.h changes from
> > it myself and it will work.
>
> Same URL, but what lives inside the patch should be different.  I
> started over with a clean source tree of Geany-0.14 and didn't
> rearrange anything in SciLexer.h this time.
>
> I discovered the tab issue after I created a REALLY big patch.  Sorry
> if some of the tabs were converted to spaces in the final patch.
>
> Just built svn and everything looks hunky-dory for my R scripts.

I just updated the colours used for syntax highlighting of R files and
added more keywords, also using two other keyword types of the
Scintilla lexer.

Andrew, could you look at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2121502&group_id=153444&atid=787794
and comment there is anything is still (or newly) wrong? Thanks.

We (Nick and me) don't use R files, so your feedback is very much
appreciated.