[Geany] Trouble compiling on Ubuntu 8.04

Brendan brenzie at xxxxx
Thu Sep 18 13:37:17 UTC 2008

On 18/09/2008, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:11:29 +1000, "Adam Meehan"
> <adam.meehan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Adam,
>

> > Looking forward to using the latest version, however I am having
> > trouble compiling on Ubuntu 8.04. Obviously I am too lame to figure
> > it out myself so I would appreciate any help you can give.

> > -lglib-2.0 dialogs.o: In function
> > `handle_save_as': /home/ameehan/Code/geany/src/dialogs.c:410:
> > undefined reference to `tm_workspace_remove_object' document.o
>

> it seems there went something wrong while building the sources.
> Did you do
> ./configure
> make
> sudo make install
>
> ?
> Were there any other errors or warnings before?
>
> Regards,
> Enrico
>

> --
> Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.asc

Maybe just in case, install all of the necessary libraries to build
stuff. There is one full easy package, but I forgot what the name
is. Maybe `build-essential`, but not sure.

On second thought, you might need some other packages. If I
recall correctly, Ubuntu doesn't come installed with some of them.