[Geany] integrating external tools (e.g. lint)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Sep 15 12:35:12 UTC 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:03:37 +0000 (UTC)
AC <gmane.0vd at gishpuppy.com> wrote:

> Is there a simple way to integrate external tools like PyLint or
> JSLint?

Not ideal, but you could adapt one of the build commands.

> I know I can execute external tools (e.g. compilers), but how
> can their output (e.g. warnings, errors) be integrated into the code
> being displayed by Geany?

I haven't used them myself, but custom parsing of error/warning
messages is not implemented yet unfortunately (it's on the TODO list
IIRC). For now it'll probably only work if they match the 'standard'
interpreter error/warning syntax.

Regards,
Nick