[Geany] DMD 2 and Geany: error argument expected for switch '-of'

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Sep 9 16:31:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:53:21 +0200
Brendan <brenzie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another thing I want to add: in the installation instructions (about
> `./configure`,
> `make`, `make install`, in my case "permission was denied" when
> installing it. I had to use `sudo make install` to get it to work.
> Maybe it should be mentioned in the file, just in case?

Last week I noticed this and added the note that 'make install' must be
run as root:
http://www.geany.org/manual/dev/index.html#source-compilation

Thanks anyway for reporting it though, these things will help people.

> I will try to contribute to your project. I don't know yet if I can
> help with code,
> but I can probably help with translation to Dutch and French. I will
> contact the guy about it.

Great, also if you find any more issues with the manual or bugs, please
tell us, or any improvement to the docs is helpful.

Regards,
Nick