[Geany] css.tags

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Thu Sep 4 23:16:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 20:08:59 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> > Geany doesn't support this format for CSS (yet).
> > There are two possible solutions:
> > a) we add the CSS filetype to the list of filetypes which use this
> > format (pipe-separated). But this would only affect the SVN version,
> > you still wouldn't be able to use your file with Geany 0.14
> > b) you or someone else write a script which converts your file into
> > the native tagmanager format.
> >
> > I'd prefer a) as your list is 'generated' manually and not by a
> > script and so the pipe-separated format is easier to maintain but
> > it's not possible without changing the source code.
>
> I'd still prefer a) and like to get it working if there are no
> objections.

I'm still not 100% what is the best way. But we shouldn't look back to
much to Geany 0.14. Even though 0.15 will might take some more time,
the solution should be something that is working for all tag file in
the same way. Providing data pipe seperated and in tagmanager style
mixed up will be ugly to maintain I guess.

> > After all, if we have decided how to proceed, I agree with Frank to
> > include this list in Geany if you, Gavin, agree.
>
> In the meantime I would disagree to this and instead provide the file
> on www.geany.org/Download/Extras for download.

In addition to this, we might could store them inside the genay-plugin
subversion repository and doing maybe a daily svn export to the
webserver.

Regards,
Frank

--