[Geany] Forward and Inverse Search in dvi Files

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Sep 4 18:40:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 21:07:27 +0300, Kybernetiker
<kybernetiker at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Thank you for the great development tool. I intend to use it for
> composing LaTeX files. Please let me know how to implement forward
> and inverse search in dvi-files using "source specials" on the basis

Forward and reverse search should work out of the box, check the
'Find' menu.
But you can't open/edit DVI files with Geany as these are binary files
and Geany is a text editor. You probably want to open and edit LaTeX
files (*.tex) which are compiled into DVI files.

What do you mean by "source specials"?