[Geany] Forward and Inverse Search in dvi Files

Kybernetiker kybernetiker at xxxxx
Thu Sep 4 19:24:20 UTC 2008

Thanks for the prompt response. Under source special I mean that if you
invoke the latex compiler with the --src-specials option, each component
of the generated dvi file is tagged with the source filename and the
line number. This allows editor-to-previewer jumps. The forward jump is
editor-to-previewer: given the current cursor location in the editor,
jump to the corresponding paragraph in the previewer. The backward jump
(inverse search) is symmetrical. This convenient feature can be realized
in many editors, e.g. Kile, TeXnicCenter. But I'm looking for a Gnome
based LaTeX front-end and Geany seems to suit me best.

Thank you.

Kybernetiker