[Geany] Snippets don't seem to work.

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Sep 4 17:55:29 UTC 2008

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 19:42:46 +0800, "thomas de meijer"
<106498 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> I recently found out about the HTML snippets file. I saved it to

I guess you are talking about
http://citizen.ovh.org/stuff/snippets.conf?

> ~/.geany and
> to /usr/share/geany. Also in prefrences the Tab key is set to complete

The preferred path is ~/.geany/snippets.conf

> constructs. But when I type for example li <Tab> there is just li and
> then a
> tab. Not the snippet. Am I doing something wrong here? Or is it a bug
> or install problem?

I don't know. I hope it's not a bug, at least it works fine here. Are
you sure you tested it with an HTML file and Geany actually treated
this file as a HTML file (check the statusbar)?
The completions in this snippets.conf are only working for HTML files,
if they should be available on all filetypes, move them into the
"Default" section.