[Geany] Possible error in configure file

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at xxxxx
Tue Oct 7 08:26:51 UTC 2008

Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 21:55:37 +1300
> Andy Elvey <andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>

>> Hi all -
>>
>>   I've just been trying to compile Geany from the most recent Git
>> snapshot, and came across this error message.
>>
>> andy at obsidian ~ $ cd geany
>> andy at obsidian ~/geany $ ./configure
>> ./configure: line 1710: syntax error near unexpected token `geany,'
>> ./configure: line 1710: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(geany, 0.15)'
>> andy at obsidian ~/geany $
>>
>> So, just wondering - has anyone else seen this?
>>

> Maybe there's some problem with your automake? What version do you
> have? On my system:
>
> $ automake --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6
>
> Alternatively you may just need to:
>
> make distclean
> ./autogen.sh
>
> Regards,
> Nick

Hi Nick - Thanks very much for that! (and apologies for my delay in
replying - I've been having a few net problems, but all sorted out
now.... :)

That sounds good, I'll try that!  This was my first go at building using
the Git snapshot, so I think I may have done something  wrong.   I'll
just check the process - is it just -

make distclean
./autogen.sh
./configure