[Geany] Possible error in configure file

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Oct 7 11:24:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:26:51 +1300
Andy Elvey <andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi Nick - Thanks very much for that! (and apologies for my delay in
> replying - I've been having a few net problems, but all sorted out
> now.... :)

No problem.

> That sounds good, I'll try that!  This was my first go at building
> using the Git snapshot, so I think I may have done something
> wrong.   I'll just check the process - is it just -
>
> make distclean
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make
> su make install
> make clean
> ?

I haven't actually built from GIT myself, but it should be the same as
SVN. The process is:

on first checkout:
./autogen.sh

then, and also after any updates:
make
sudo make install

Sometimes when there are changes to the build system, or just trouble
building after an update:
make distclean
./autogen.sh

So that's something to try, but if you haven't built from version
control before (i.e. used autotools), it's possible you just need a
more recent version of them, particularly automake.

Regards,
Nick