[Geany] Filetype templates?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed May 21 13:27:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008 18:45:36 -0700
Kent <kent at uoregon.edu> wrote:

> I am using Kubuntu 8.04 with "geany 0.13 (built on Feb 12 2008 with
> GTK 2.12.7, GLib 2.15.5)".
>
> I am having a problem getting filetype templates working.
>
> "Filetype templates are templates used as the basis of a new file.
> To use them, choose the 'New(with Templates)' menu item from the
> 'File' menu."
>
> I created a "filetype_extensions.conf" file and put it in my
> "~/.geany" subdirectory.

Geany doesn't have support for custom filetypes yet, it may be a while.

> I then created "filetype.as" file in my "~/.geany/templates"
> subdirectory.

This only works for recognised filenames - only one extension per
filetype - e.g. filetypes.c. (Note: the new SVN custom template file
feature matches all extensions associated with the filetype).

Regards,
Nick

P.S. I'm guessing you replied to existing posts to get the list address
- but the problem with this is email programs with threading make it
look like these posts are in reply to the parent Find in Files thread,
so less people will see your post if they collapse the whole thread.
(Your post has the following email header info (it should have no
In-Reply-To field for a new post):
)