[Geany] Filetype templates?

Kent kent at xxxxx
Wed May 21 01:45:36 UTC 2008

I am using Kubuntu 8.04 with "geany 0.13 (built on Feb 12 2008 with GTK
2.12.7, GLib 2.15.5)".

I am having a problem getting filetype templates working.

"Filetype templates are templates used as the basis of a new file.  To use
them, choose the 'New(with Templates)' menu item from the 'File' menu."

I created a "filetype_extensions.conf" file and put it in my "~/.geany"
subdirectory.

filetype_extensions.conf:
[Extensions]
ActionScript=*.as;

I then created "filetype.as" file in my "~/.geany/templates" subdirectory.

filetype.as:
{fileheader}

class {untitled} {
    static var app: {untitled};

    function {untitled}() {
    }

    static function main (mc) {
        app = new {untitled}();
    }
}

I then started geany and went to File->New(with templates) and looked for a
source file entry for ActionScript.  There was no entry for it there.

What did I overlook?

Thanks for any assistance you might give me.