[Geany] turning off automatic block comment prefix characters?

Forest list8a.forest at xxxxx
Wed May 14 16:57:09 UTC 2008

Thanks.  That's a start.

Now, how can I control this behavior without disabling all snippets?  I
don't see anything resembling these comment characters in my
$prefix/share/geany/snippets.conf file.