[Geany] interface from french to english

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Mar 18 17:51:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:01:47 +0100, Dominic Hopf
<dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:

[fix quoting ;-)]

> Am Dienstag, den 18.03.2008, 08:41 +0000 schrieb Frank Lanitz:
> > On Mon, March 17, 2008 12:06 pm, Didier BRETIN wrote:
> >
> > > I just installed geany-0.13 under windows XP and the interface is
> > > in french. How can I switch to english ?
> >
> > What is your Windows Standard language?
> > A way (and I'm sure it's not the best one) is to delete (read: move
> > to an backup folder) at PathToGeanyInstallation\lib\locale\fr
> > \LC_MESSAGES every file
>
> Shouldn't that be a setting of the GTK Runtime Environment?

No, the used language for translations is chosen by the application.
GTK chooses it by itself or get told by the application which language
(better locale) to use.
Geany uses setlocale() to set the locale according to environment
variables like LANG or LC_ALL.

Attached is a little batch file which sets the environment variable
LANG to "C" which is the standard locale to fallback.
At least on my German Windows box this worked. Just put it into the
folder where you have Geany installed and execute it.
(and/or view the file before executing, you should never execute
things before you verified it does what it should ;-))