[Geany] interface from french to english

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Mar 18 18:56:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:51:27 +0100, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:01:47 +0100, Dominic Hopf
> <dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> [fix quoting ;-)]

> > > What is your Windows Standard language?
> > > A way (and I'm sure it's not the best one) is to delete (read:
> > > move to an backup folder) at PathToGeanyInstallation\lib\locale\fr
> > > \LC_MESSAGES every file
> >
> > Shouldn't that be a setting of the GTK Runtime Environment?
>
> No, the used language for translations is chosen by the application.
> GTK chooses it by itself or get told by the application which language
> (better locale) to use.
> Geany uses setlocale() to set the locale according to environment
> variables like LANG or LC_ALL.
>
> Attached is a little batch file which sets the environment variable
> LANG to "C" which is the standard locale to fallback.
> At least on my German Windows box this worked. Just put it into the
> folder where you have Geany installed and execute it.
> (and/or view the file before executing, you should never execute
> things before you verified it does what it should ;-))

My previous got blocked by Google's mail server, so all subscribers
with @gmail.com addresses didn't receive this message. Google doesn't
like .bat attachments and this is ok ;-).

So, for all interested readers, I uploaded this file at
http://www.uvena.de/tmp/geany_english.bat