[Geany] Plugin keybindings support in SVN

Steve steve at xxxxx
Mon Mar 17 19:15:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:51:00 +0000
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> I've been meaning to add support for loading an individual plugin's
> keybindings when enabled in the plugin manager. I don't think it
> matters about keeping unloaded plugin's shortcuts in the keyfile
> really. I wasn't not sure whether it's necessary to save configured
> shortcuts when the user decides to unload a plugin (although there
> should at least be a warning somewhere).

If I recompile Geany, it won't load the GeanyLua plugin
until it has been recompiled too. Then, Geany starts without loading
GeanyLua, which has to be explicitly re-enabled with the plugin manager.
The point is that Geany sometimes unloads your plugins whether you wish
it so or not. That being the case, it seems to me to be fairly
important that a plugin's configuration be retained somehow even if
disabled or even if Geany rejects it. This happens now, because the
script's shortcut is part of the script.

Is there a benefit in changing how Lua scripts set their shortcuts? The
present arrangement is simple and works perfectly.

Regards,

Steve

--
Steve Jacobs