[Geany] Plugin keybindings support in SVN

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Mon Mar 17 19:39:56 UTC 2008

Steve <steve at trinidadgraphics.com> wrote:

> If I recompile Geany, it won't load the GeanyLua plugin
> until it has been recompiled too. Then, Geany starts
> without loading GeanyLua, which has to be explicitly re-
> enabled with the plugin manager. The point is that Geany
> sometimes unloads your plugins whether you wish it so or
> not. That being the case, it seems to me to be fairly
>  important that a plugin's configuration be retained
> somehow even if disabled or even if Geany rejects it.

I agree, the settings should (and will) definitely be
saved *somewhere*

> This happens now, because the script's shortcut is part
> of the script. Is there a benefit in changing how Lua
> scripts set their shortcuts?

I think the new way will be less error-prone, less likely
to conflict with other keybindings, and a little easier
for me to explain and for newbies to understand.

Also, it just seems logical to follow the same convention
as other plugins will.

> The present arrangement is simple and works perfectly.

>From what I have seen so far, both methods can co-exist
happily, so I don't see any reason to stop supporting
the current system anytime soon.

Especially now, since 100% (1/1) of the users who have
commented on this prefer to keep the existing method :-)

- Jeff