[Geany] LaTeX tools makeindex bibtex

Adrovane Kade adrovane at xxxxx
Sat Jun 14 14:23:30 UTC 2008

Yes, I do agree that this would be a very helpful feature for those of
us using Geany for editing Latex files. I use VTE for bibtexing, but
it is not the most practical way to do that. I also suggest the
inclusion of options to completely build a ps or a pdf file from
source, in the same manner as the rubber utility
(http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~beffara/soft/rubber/) does.

Thanks.

Adrovane.

2008/6/14 Wilfried Van Hirtum <wilfriedvanhirtum at yahoo.com>:
> Hi
>
> I want to use Geany as a LaTeX editor.
> However, for now (version 0.14), there is no tool available for makeindex and bibtex.
>
> It would be very practical to have such a tool, just like a tool for pdflatex and pdfview with the ability to set parameters,
> e.g.  by hitting the key F6 with command parameters  makeindex "%e.idx"
> e.g. by hitting the key F7 with command parameters bibtex "%f"
>

> Wilfried

"As a remedy to life in society I would suggest the big city.
Nowadays, it is the only desert within our means." (Albert Camus)