[Geany] Date (or other variable) in snippets?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jul 13 11:56:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:44:44 +0200, Micael <m8847 at abc.se> wrote:

> Something that I have used extensible in my windows favorite editor
> MultiEdit, is a snippet kind of functionality, that allows me to
> write "func" (or up to the full word "function") to build a function
> comment. Typical, I like it to build something like this;
>
>  /*-----------------2005-05-31 13:22-----------------
>  * Function:    spi_setup()
>  *              prior to making use of any resource.
>  *              Normally called from startup code.
>  * Author:      MBe
>  * Arguments:   -
>  * Returns:     -
>

> As a snippet could do this, I am relieved and excited. But can I put
> the (current) date in the snippet? How would I do this?

I just added this functionality in SVN r2773. Now you can use most of
the template wildcards like {developer}, {date} or {datetime}.
Additionally, since SVN r2775 you can also change the format of the
date/time wildcards in the Templates tab of the preferences dialog.
Docs were updated and know the details :D

But for the above mentioned function description template, you may want
to use the already existing corresponding template?