[Geany] Date (or other variable) in snippets?

Micael m8847 at xxxxx
Fri Jul 11 18:57:21 UTC 2008

On Friday 11 July 2008 17.43.38 Frank Lanitz wrote:
> On Fri, July 11, 2008 2:03 pm, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:44:44 +0200
> > Micael <m8847 at abc...> wrote:
> >
> >> As a snippet could do this, I am relieved and excited. But can I put
> >> the (current) date in the snippet? How would I do this?
> >
> > I don't think you can do this at the moment, but maybe it could be
> > implemented.
>
> Depending on which variables should be included, this can be done by an
> plugin. In GeanyLaTeX plugin I did some similar stuff at the wizard. Maybe
> we can recycle some code from it.

This sounds interesting! I haven't looked at plugins (yet), so can't exactly
comment.. But in my case, I am primarily interested in time and date, but I
guess a more generic solution could be useful in long term.

Thanks,
 Micael