[Geany] [patch]win32_spawn, GError, status code timeout

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Feb 28 09:05:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:57:16 +0100, "Pierre Joye"
<pierre.php at gmail.com> wrote:

> > for spawning  commands in build.c for View DVI/PDF file
>
> How does it work? I mean where do you do that? :)
This isn't the easiest way, especially not on Windows. Since I don't
have a working LaTeX installation on Windows, I just opened a LaTeX
file and had a PDF file in the same directory as this file with the
same basename(filename without extension). Then open this LaTeX file
and choose Build->View PDF file.
But using a script(PHP, Python, Perl, whatever) or a simple C programm
to run is easier, see below.

> > and for the general Run
> >  command (e.g. execute a compiled C file or run a python script).
>
> Is it the "execute" menu and related options?
Yes, easiest way to get there:
File->New (with template)->C source file
File->Save as
Build->Build (or F9)
Build->Execute (or F5)

then Geany creates a startup script called "geany_run_script.bat" which
is executed. Then this script will execute the generated executable.