[Geany] [patch]win32_spawn, GError, status code timeout

Pierre Joye pierre.php at xxxxx
Wed Feb 27 19:57:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:10:24 +0100, "Pierre Joye"
>  <pierre.php at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi.
>
>  > Here is another patch to improve a little bit the win32_spawn
>  Thanks a lot, Pierre.
>

>  > functions. It adds:
>  >
>  > - GError support for the win32 functions (thanks to Jeff for the link!)
>  I changed the usage a little bit to avoid memory leaks.
>  g_win32_error_message() returns a newly-allocated buffer which needs to
>  be freed. But not a big deal at all.
>

>  > The timeout is set to 30 secondbut it is not really required right
>  > now, the default behavior being to wait until that the process exists.
>  > The upcoming async support will use it more intensively (still some
>  > work, don't hold your breath :).
>  Hehe, no need to hurry. It's done when it's done.
>
>  Attached is a patch which changes the used function for spawning
>  commands in build.c for View DVI/PDF file and for the general Run
>  command (e.g. execute a compiled C file or run a python script).
>  But it shows that there must be a little bug whether in your code or in
>  the code in build.c. I get these messages on the console:
>  CreateChildProcess: CreateProcess failed
>  win32_spawn: Create process failed
>  utils_spawn_async() failed: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht
>  finden.
>
>  (the German message at the end means: the system could not find the
>  specified file)
>
>  The created "cmdline" string looked good:
>  C:\WINNT\System32\cmd.exe /Q /C G:\geany_run_script.bat
>
>  (geany_run_script.bat actually existed and the above command line was
>  executed as expected in a usually opened cmd.exe)
>
>  I didn't look depper into this problem. Maybe you'll find the problem.

I'm not sure to understand how do you call the build.  The win32 spawn
actually uses the same environment than in a cmd.exe. You should be
able to call a batch script (works here).

> for spawning  commands in build.c for View DVI/PDF file

How does it work? I mean where do you do that? :)

> and for the general Run
>  command (e.g. execute a compiled C file or run a python script).

Is it the "execute" menu and related options?

Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org