[Geany] Modifying the document browser's behavior

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Feb 27 16:24:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:43:45 +0100
Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:28:44 +0000
> Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > Probably using the project path would be easier. But Geany allows
> > files from outside the project open,
>
> That's one of the reasons why I've written that Geany has "no real"
> project support. That's a point that should be discussed too.

Myself and IIRC Enrico thought it would be good to allow other files
outside the project to be opened without having to close all the
project files first. But if there is a better alternative, feel free to
suggest it ;-)

(OT: Generally Geany development proceeds in a kind of evolutionary way
- this seems easier (for me at least) than designing everything at once
and maybe not getting around to implementing it.)

[...]
> One question: stripping the path means, that all entries of the list
> will display its path?

I don't think so, I think Adam Plumb's idea was to show the
subdirectories as nodes.

Regards,
Nick